Frankie Goes to Hollywood – Inside The Pleasuredome (2014)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | 4.8 GB | Genre: Synth Pop
Official Digital Download – Source: WEB | Front cover
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the ground-breaking album, “Welcome To The Pleasuredome”, we present the most detailed and ambitious release in the history of Zang Tuum Tumb.
We want to take you “Inside The Pleasuredome” to explore Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Trevor Horn’s greatest work. So we’ve dreamed up the most ultra-deluxe box set possible.
Can we make this dream a reality? Pledge now and we can, and you can get these strictly limited edition visual, tactile and audio elements in your hands. Once the target at the top of this page reaches 100% we will have enough pre-orders and we can make all the items in this campaign.
NOTE: that now this campaign has reached 100%, fans can still pre-order items shown in this campaign up until the end of September or for as long as stocks last.
“Inside The Pleasuredome” is a strictly limited ultra-deluxe edition which will come in a beautifully designed 12”-sized, 2.5”-deep box with lift-off lid and foam fitments. It will contain ten bespoke elements, the first five of which are exclusive to the box set and will not be sold separately:
1. “Come Inside” – The entry-point into the Pleasuredome experience, via a unique flipbook animation of Lo Cole’s classic artwork.
2. Tumbometer Nine – A Zang Tuum Tumb info sheet detailing everything you’ll find Inside The Pleasuredome, where it came from and why it’s there. Plus a complete listing of the Element Series, past, present and future.
3. “And Suddenly There Came A Zang!” – The Art of Frankie Goes To Hollywood. A stunning 48-page case-bound hardback book celebrating and exploring the artwork of Welcome To The Pleasuredome, with contributions from Paul Morley, designer David Smart, illustrators Lo Cole and Anne Yvonne Gilbert and photographers John Stoddart, Steve Rumney, AJ Barratt and Peter Ashworth.
4. “Brothers and Sisters” – The DVD. Compiling the Pleasuredome videos – Relax, Two Tribes, The Power of Love and Welcome To The Pleasuredome by directors Godley & Creme, Bernard Rose and David Mallett – and 5.1 surround sound audio mixes of the classic singles and album tracks. This is a double disc with NTSC region 0 on one side and PAL region 0 on the other.
5. “Voiceless, Volume 1” – The Instrumentals. A five track FLAC digital EP with previously unreleased instrumental versions of 7” and 12” mixes.
NOTE: this is exclusive to Pledgers.
6. “Cowboys and Indians” – The Alternate Tracks. A four-track EP that explores the making of Frankie’s second single, with two previously unreleased takes of Two Tribes and one of WAR on 10” vinyl in die-cut sleeve
7. “Lovers and Haters” – The Studio Demos. A four-track EP tracing the story of two of the earliest tracks recorded for Welcome To The Pleasuredome, with two previously-unreleased takes of Relax and two previously-unreleased versions of The Only Star In Heaven. 10″ vinyl in die-cut sleeve
8. “Doctors and Nurses” – The Remixes. A pairing of the third 12” mix of War! (which went on to become the Art of Noise track, Oobly) with an alternate 12” version of Welcome To The Pleasuredome, both previously unreleased. 10” vinyl in die-cut sleeve
9. “Suck It Up” – The Relax Cassette. A 13-track, C90 remix anthology. From the 16-minute Sex Mix to Trevor Horn’s New York Mix, via six previously unreleased versions.
10. “Welcome To The Pleasuredome” – The 2014 Vinyl Edition. The original 16-track album, remastered at Sarm Studios by Trevor Horn and his 2014 THeam, pressed on 180g audiophile vinyl and packaged in a unique die-cut sleeve designed to frame one of three accompanying prints by original Pleasuredome sleeve artist, Lo Cole.
With each Box you will also get a FLAC digital download of all the music.
The first 100 Pledgers will have their Box Set signed by Trevor Horn.
Pledgers also get access to exclusive online content during the making of the box set, and the ability to purchase test pressings of the vinyl elements:
“Welcome To The Pleasuredome” – The 2014 Vinyl Edition, test pressing: 2 × 12” vinyls, plain white labels, plain sleeves. Limited to 10 sets only, £50 per set.
“Lovers, Cowboys and Doctors” – test pressings of the three Inside The Pleasuredome 10” singles. Limited to 10 sets only, £75 per set.
Welcome To The Pleasuredome – The 2014 Vinyl Edition
A1. The World Is My Oyster (including well, snatch of fury) (01:59)
A2. Welcome To The Pleasuredome (13:42)
B1. Relax (Come Fighting) (03:58)
B2. War (…and hide) (06:14)
B3. Two Tribes (03:29)
B4. (for the victims of ravishment) (00:36)
C1. Ferry (Go) (01:50)
C2. Born To Run (04:00)
C3. San Jose (The Way) (03:12)
C4. Wish (The Lads Were Here) (02:49)
C5. The Ballad of 32 (04:50)
D1. Krisco Kisses (03:00)
D2. Black Night White Light (04:10)
D3. The Only Star In Heaven (04:17)
D4. The Power Of Love (05:33)
D5. bang… (01:10)
Lovers & Haters (The Studio Demos)
A1. War (17.05.84: ‘War! III’) (10:20)
A2. Relax (04.09.83: Rough Mix) (04:10)
B1. Relax (10.09.83: CMI Backing Track) (03:14)
B2. Welcome To The Pleasuredome (10.08.84: ‘Pleasuredome II’) (09:45)
Cowboys & Indians (Alternate Tracks)
A1. Two Tribes (04.10.84: Bit 4) (00:30)
A2. War (04.10.84: Man Has a Sense for the Discovery of Beauty) (08:36)
B1. Two Tribes (31.05.84: Rough 12” Mix) (04:28)
B2. Two Tribes (01.06.84: Rough 12” Mix) (06:33)
Doctors & Nurses (The Remixes)
A. The Only Star In Heaven (29.08.84: ‘Gary’s Mix’ with Keys and BD) (03:28)
B. The Only Star In Heaven (29.08.84: ‘Gary’s Mix’ Dub Bits) (02:23)
Suck It Up (The Relax Cassette)
A1. Relax (Bit1) (00:55)
A2. Relax (Sex Mix) (16:25)
A3. Relax (New York Mix) (07:26)
A4. Relax (Greatest Bits) (16:50)
A5. One September Morning (Bit1) (01:45)
B1. Relax (Bit2) (01:11)
B2. Relax (Sex Mix Edition2) (08:25)
B3. Relax (Sex Mix Edition3) (08:11)
B4. Relax (Video Version) (04:24)
B5. One September Morning (Bit2) (00:44)
B6. Relax (Greek Disco Mix) (06:17)
B7. Relax (The Last Seven Inches) (03:34)
B8. Relax (Bonus Again) (04:35)
B9. Relax (Bit3) (00:45)
Voiceless, Volume 1 (The Instrumentals)
1. Welcome To The Pleasuredome (A Remade World) (05:03)
2. War (Hide Yourself!) (04:15)
3. Two Tribes (Carnage) (03:22)
4. Relax (Come Fighting) (03:56)
5. The Power Of Love (Voiceless) (05:29)